Easter in Memphis
I've very rarely been without family around holidays. When in college, I was only an hour and a half from home. In Florida, for the past seven years, I was lucky to live minutes from my uncle, aunt and cousins. However, since moving to Memphis, it's the first time in my life that there's no family around. Of course I'm not alone. I'm blessed to have Ryan and two great (and spoiled!) dogs. So, we make the most out of our holidays here. We call our families early, and then make the day ours. For Christmas, we were invited to my friend (and co-worker) Donna's house. It was nice to be around a family, even if it wasn't our own. But for this Easter, it's just Ryan and I, and I'm ok with that. We spent the morning just lazing around, and then headed to the grocery store where we got the fixins for a dinner we don't usually have: nice cuts of steak (fillet Mignon!) and shrimp. Ryan, who takes after his dad, cooks amazing food. So tonight we will be dining like royalty!Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you are enjoying your day as much as I am mine.


1 Comments:
You guys should have come over to our house! We were solo for the first time on Easter ourselves! I should have called you. I cooked for just James and I and we had way more than the two of us could eat! Next year...Easter at our house!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home