Sunday, May 3, 2009

Memphis in May

To all you non-Memphians, upon reading the title of this post you may think this entry will be about my take on Spring in Memphis. Or maybe what I plan on doing in this lovely month now that I'm a Tennessean. Wrong, and wrong. Memphis in May means great music. Memphis in May means world-class BBQ. Memphis in May means summertime is upon us!

This weekend was the official kickoff of Memphis in May, a month long celebration of the city's largest events. It all starts with the Beale Street Music Festival, but the celebration also includes World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest and a Sunset Symphony. Translation: a darn fun time to be a Memphian.

Unfortunately, Ryan was in New Orleans this past weekend for his monthly drill. So, we missed out on the musical festival, who's lineup listed Katy Perry, Jack's Mannequin, Rise Against, Al Green, The Roots, Saving Abel, Thriving Ivory, James Taylor, Fall Out Boy, and many others. BUT! I can honestly say I wasn't too bummed we didn't make it to this one. It rained ALLLL WEEKEND (and it still is as I sit here typing). I can think of many other things I'd rather be doing than standing in the rain listening to music. Like laying on my couch catching up on some quality time with my remote. Which is exactly how I spent much of my weekend! (cut me some slack, it was raining, I promise)

Now, that BBQ cookoff...I will NOT be missing out on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home