Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sunset Symphony and a Party, too!

Bad blogger, bad blogger! It seems as though I'm getting pretty lazy about posting. And honestly, there's no rhyme or reason for it, just, well...laziness.

Anyway, Memorial Day Weekend was a fun one around here. Saturday was spent at Sunset Symphony with friends. We packed a cooler filled with goodies and drinks, and headed downtown to listen to music, watch an airshow and ohhh and ahhh at fireworks, all from the banks of the Mississippi. Though we didn't stay long enough for the fireworks, we sure had fun. It rained (ok, monsooned) within moments of us getting there, but we didn't let it spoil our moods. In fact, strangely I think it added to the fun. The rain only lasted for a few minutes, and then it thankfully stayed away.

This is right when we got there- before the clouds opened up and dumped showers on us!


It was only sprinkling at this point. (from left: Kristen, Claire, Megan, Ashely, Ryan, me)


A view of the stage and crowd.


The sun made a late appearance after the rain cleared.


Awww... (please pardon how bad I look here. The rain was not kind to us ladies' hair).

This past weekend, a friend at work, Amy, celebrated a birthday in true b-day fun style. The party was complete with a bounce house (now how long has it been since you've jumped in one of those!), a card reader and a pinata. Unfortunately I didn't stay long enough for karaoke! I won't be elaborating on the outcome of my card read. Lets just say it wasn't all that pleasant, not that I believe all that mumbo-jumbo! You know me, I'm more about the law of attraction.

Myself, Kristen and Mike at the start of the party (and Lady, too!)


Bounce, bounce!


Ha- look how scared I look!

For a quick Ryan update, his surgery that was scheduled for this week has been postponed until June 25th. Unfortunately, three more weeks of suffering for him :(
And, finally, it's now June, my most favorite month of the year. My birthday is right around the corner, the weather is beautiful and two of my best friends are about to bring little ones into this world. Can't get much better than that!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home